iDefrag - 2.0.5 [UB]
Posted By : IrimiNage | Date : 26 Oct 2010 07:48:03 | Comments : 2 |
Every Mac user has noticed it; over time, your system slows down. This is particularly true in these days of constant security updates, as replacing operating system components not only increases file fragmentation, but also creates a more insidious problem—over time, the operating system itself ends up scattered all over your disk. This, of course, doesn’t show up as fragmentation—after all, the files themselves are probably contiguous—but nevertheless, it takes your machine longer to start up, it takes programs longer to start, and it takes longer to get your work done. iDefrag solves these problems and more, by defragmenting and optimizing your Mac’s filesystem.
Defrag helps defragment and optimize your disk for improved performance. Features include:
• Supports HFS and HFS+ (Mac OS Extended).
• Supports case sensitive and journaled filesystems.
• Supports adaptive hot file clustering ("Hot Zone").
• Four powerful defragmentation algorithms:
◦ ◦ Compact data, moving all free space to one place.
◦ ◦ Optimize filesystem metadata.
◦ ◦ On-line defragmentation.
◦ ◦ Defragment whilst your disk is mounted.
◦ ◦ Advanced programmable optimization.
◦ ◦ Rearrange your disk the way you want.
• B-Tree metadata file compaction/optimization support.
• High performance user-defined file classification engine.
• Per-block and accurate whole disk display.
• Detailed statistics so you know whether you need to optimize.
• Inspector allows you to view details of individual extents/files.
• Quickly jump to specific files to examine them in more detail.
• Altivec accelerated display for improved performance.
• Auto-update feature ensures you always have the latest version.
• Fine-grained security, just like iPartition.
• AppleScript support.
* Fixed a rare bug that could cause iDefrag to stop midway through defragmenting after reporting an error and leaving the disk in an inconsistent state.
o Fixed a glitch when resizing the main window.
o Fixed a problem with the install code that runs at startup where it would fail to restart properly after installing.
OS version: Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later
Link for more information: http://www.coriolis-systems.com/iDefrag.php
Very Fast Download!